Time’s Magazine’s top photos of 2021

As the ventilator keeping her husband Felipe alive was disconnected, María Salinas Cruz shouted, “Fly high, my love!” in Spanish, loud enough to be heard through the glass at LAC+USC Medical Center in Los Angeles on Jan. 28. Felipe was admitted on Jan. 1, his 48th birthday, after contracting COVID-19. During the winter surge, Latino and Black Angelenos died at two to three times the rate of white residents.
 Meridith Kohut

I think this photo has impacted me the most because it is very touching. When covid started we just went to lockdown, and we didn’t get to see our family. We were bored but we couldn’t do much about because we wanted to be safe, and we were in quarantine it was sad. I lost a person from our family, and I think that it made us sad. It really was touching when I saw this photo. Our family had Covid last year during new years and we couldn’t celebrate at home because my mom was in the hospital, she was sick. It sucks in times like these when we can’t see family members and take extra precautions, but we must do it to be safe and to take care of out family.  A lot of people suffer from Covid and some survive through and some do not.  
This is really sad and touching because there some people who have not been able to see their family because of Covid. The people crying touches my heart because it is something sad they have to leave or can’t see their family if you have Covid or just to be safe. Many people do not care about the little things like saying hi to your parents everyday or saying thank you. Some don’t care about that stuff because they think its not important but it is talking to your family or your parents everyday.